- All Implemented Interfaces:
- public class GreedyOverselection
- extends SelectionMethod
- implements java.io.Serializable
Selects individuals according to the Greedy Over-Selection method.
This method fitness-proportionally chooses a group I individual 80% of the time,
and a group II individual 20% of the time. Group I consists of all
individuals contributing towards the top c% of total fitness, where
c=32% below a population size of 2000, c=16% between 2000 and 4000,
c=8% between 4000 and 8000, and c=4% for population sizes 8000 and above.
Group II consists of all other individuals.
Copyright (c) 2000 Robert Baruch. This code is released under
the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- $Id: GreedyOverselection.java,v 1.3 2000/10/12 15:22:55 groovyjava Exp $
- Robert Baruch (email@example.com)
- See Also:
- Serialized Form
|Methods inherited from class java.lang.Object
clone, equals, finalize, getClass, hashCode, notify, notifyAll, toString, wait, wait, wait
public Individual select(World world)
- Description copied from class:
- Select an individual based on some method.
select in class
- Following copied from class:
random - the random number generator to use
world - the World for the run
- the individual chosen from the world's population